Monday, October 5, 2020

Where Does the Time Go?


 Is it odd that I was only one day into my 'online only' winter schedule and I completely lost track of time? Even Mom and Myles were thrown off by the fact that I was around the house more. Myles usually gets his treats 4-4:30pm-ish when I get home from the pop up location at LPAC and he was begging for them when Mom and I got back into the house at 11:30am after reinforcing a wonky shelving unit in the warehouse on Thursday.

Friday morning was spent prepping for my winter series of classes at LPAC before presenting the classes at a meeting in the afternoon. The remainder of the day was spent knitting demos for those classes. Mom swore up and down that it felt like Saturday all day and she was right. It DID feel like Saturday, which made Saturday feel like Sunday except that we didn't go to church. And because I played for both church services on 'actual' Sunday, it felt like I had already put the RV into hibernation for over a week and it had only been four days!

So, other than constantly checking the date on my phone or my Fitbit, I've decided to keep track of my days in a different way. Mom and I are going to Bible study on Monday evenings and, until classes start, there is Virtual Knit Night on Thursday evenings. Even though I know I have directionally weak tendons in my wrist making it difficult to play three games in a row, I'm joining my mom and brother in the senior - yes I said senior - bowling league on Thursdays. If that isn't enough to keep my days straight, I will have to add more non-work activities to my list.

Speaking of classes and work, I will be posting the upcoming class schedule as soon as it is finalized with the LPAC administration. All classes will be designated experienced beginner - you only need to know how to knit and purl. One class will require basic crochet knowledge as well. I will be teaching you everything else you need to know. Because of physical distancing requirements, class sizes are limited so register early!

written by Lori, time-lagged TCL owner, who can't wait to get onto a 'real' schedule asap!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the 'what-day-is-it?' crowd! Last week I was sure Wednesday was Saturday, because it felt like a Saturday. No idea why! Every morning since March, when I write in my journal I enter not only the date but the day of the week. It helps -- but not all the time!

    ReplyDelete