Monday, February 8, 2021

-53 With the Wind Chill

 The last time I remember temperatures like this was a lifetime ago. I was living in Peace River and teaching at an elementary school in a nearby community. I believe it was the winter of ‘86-87. I was fortunate enough to live across a green space from my fellow teacher otherwise half the students would have been without an instructor. I could walk to her place without getting frostbite; the car refused to acknowledge the turn of a key despite being plugged in.

Twice that winter it had to be towed to a local garage to thaw out and, despite that history, the car was sold to a young Peace River man at the end of my tenure there.

Thankfully, I currently have at my disposal two vehicles that endure this kind of weather with few complaints. One resides year round in a carport without being plugged in. The other has not yet been plugged in this year. I may have to plug it in today 😉. Even in - no, especially in this weather - online sales are the go to for many people and I have to venture out to the post office to get product off to their rightful owners. Carport vehicle it is.

Written by Lori, cozy TCL owner, who is wishing you all a comfy snow day with no need to venture out into the polar vortex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment