Nova Plus Four Seasons Cotton (75 m $2.50)
This is a very nice worsted weight 100% dishcloth cotton that comes in 29 beautiful colors.
Soft but strong, perfect for your dishcloths.
You don't have to limit yourself to dishcloths. Bags, pillows, table linens, and coasters can be made.
Just look at Lori's gorgeous pillow!
She made coasters from the leftovers.
Imagine a table runner or matching placemats. You don't have to worry about getting food on them, just throw them in the washer.
We also have a several booklets that would work well with this yarn. One of them is exclusively bags which are very sturdy.
People will ask you where you got that purse and you can smile and say "I made it myself."
Red Heart Scrubby (85 m $6.30)
|Clockwise from far left: Grape, Royal, Cherry, Orange,|
Black, Coconut, Ocean, Lime, Duckie, Bubblegum
|Scrubby up close|
We still carry Lily Sugar 'n' Cream dishcloth cotton in solids, stripes and twists. 100% cotton, just $3.20 for 109 m or 86 m.
Now some of you may wonder why anyone would want to knit a dishcloth. Aside from how excellent they are for washing dishes there are other reasons.
- Try out new stitch patterns. Maybe you have a pattern you're not sure about or a design in your head. Try it out on the dishcloth cotton and make a square before you delve into your expensive yarn. Or maybe you just want to experiment with new patterns. You still end up with a usable dishcloth.
- Learning how to knit or crochet? Or maybe you're teaching someone. Dishcloths are perfect. The weight of the yarn is easy to handle and it doesn't matter how many mistakes are made. It's just a dishcloth.
- A stack of dishcloths make a nice gift. They don't take long to make and you can either vary the colors or pick the color of the recipients kitchen. Think housewarming, newlywed, or someone setting up an apartment for the first time or starting over.
- Make some dishcloths and/or other kitchen linens and stick them in a basket of kitchen supplies for a gift. Or you can put them in a basket of baby supplies.
- And yes, you can always make some for yourself. They will become your favorite!
- They are not too hot to knit! Dishcloths can be made all year round.
- And they are easy to take along with you anywhere.
- Plus, they don't take long to make. Need a break from that gorgeous but complicated lace shawl that is taking forever? Knit up a dishcloth and feel accomplished.
There are plenty of free dishcloth patterns on the internet. So have fun looking!
Posted by Anna Maria Junus (happy employee who used to think that knitting dishcloths was dumb but doesn't anymore).