The first job was to put the battery back into the front end so that I could move the motorhome into a more convenient location so I hooked it up to the battery charger in the morning and installed it later that afternoon. Success 👍until the next day when I checked to see if the battery was still charged 👎so I boosted it and let it run for the prescribed minimum 10 minutes (according to Google). That must have been one of the true things on Google because it is still going strong 👍.
The next task was to remove the jutty-outy part of the kitchen counter - the part that makes it impossible to get from one end of the RV to the other if someone has opened the fridge. I took all kinds of pictures and videos of the inside of the cabinet so that I knew where all the anchor points were for the countertop; where the (currently inert) electrical bits were so that I could uninstall the bits that are housed on the side wall to be removed; and where the water and propane lines were so I didn't damage them as they are NOT currently 'inert'.
I figured I could get a lot of the preliminary work done before calling in help for those tasks. I found all the right sized bits for my power drill and my manual screwdriver and got to work.
The TV, DVD player and outlets (GFI, 12 volt and cable) all came out without a fight. Okay - that ONE screw in the TV stand has refused to let go of the TV but that didn't stop me from removing the TV stand from the already tiny countertop.
I discovered that the manufacturers used a Kreg jig for joining which makes for a beautiful finish but meant I had to use my manual screwdriver because the plumbing was in the way of my power tool. Good thing I play the piano (strong fingers, hands and arms) and used to teach junior high (patience of Job) because it took a while to get all the screws out of the front face of the offending peninsula. (Haha. You thought I didn't know what the jutty-outy thing was called, didn't you 😉)
Nothing moved. I mean nothing. All the screws that were hiding in their angled hidey-holes had been removed and the countertop and face were solidly held together. Turns out they used brad nails, screws AND glue! I've decided that it is a good thing that most of the Farmer's Markets are not getting the go ahead this year - the exceptions being the ones that are going online - and that social distancing will not be possible in the RV. It is going to take all summer just to renovate!
So glad so many of my customers (including some new ones) followed me online. This social distancing is great for introverts like me but not so good for businesses like mine where the customers want - no, NEED - to 'pet the squishies'. So for now, I will persevere with the renos, keep filling orders, continue entering data into the improved website so one day you can actually enjoy the experience of ordering from www.craftylady.ca/, and plan for the Pop Up season next summer.
Oh! Some show and tell!
After Mom inherited the original Adult One Seam Sweater, I finally got around to making my very own One Seam Sweater using Caron Cakes (yes, I used contraband yarn again). It will be finished later this evening (Monday) but here it is with just the bottom halves of the sleeves to finish. 😁 I started it less than a week ago!!!
written by Lori, grateful TCL owner, who loves having all this extra time right now to do the things she HAS to do as well as the things she LOVES to do.