Monday, October 22, 2018

First Days of Fall?









From winter to fall? Did we miss a couple of seasons? 
Did last week feel like the first days of fall for you? I know several people who have actually stopped complaining about the "cold and snow" and enjoyed the warm sun! 

Image may contain: sky, ocean, outdoor and nature


 This is a really poor photo of the Trumpeter Swans heading our to feed last Thursday from Gull Lake.I do apologize for the quality, but it is hard to drop your knitting in the sand, grab your phone and take a photo of moving objects - that results in a photo with quality. 
The reprieve in temperatures allowed my husband to complete some of the outside chores (read: putting away the lawn furniture) which he insisted upon starting when it was snowing! Do I dare suggest he put up the Christmas decorations now rather than in -30 temperatures? 


Interesting concept - putting away lawn furniture before the snow falls - is akin to doing a gauge swatch when starting a new project, especially if it is a fitted project i.e. sweater, hat, mittens or socks. Measure the person who will be wearing the item to confirm you are going to get something you will be proud to wear or give away. I was reading an old knitting magazine and learned it is also a good idea to do a test swatch for every stitch pattern - as this may also change your gauge and the resulting size. 

I have been knitting for years and understand much of the terminology. Now working at The Crafty Lady, I am learning how much I did not know! I am surprising myself how much better my projects are turning out. I am also getting more finished - and learning to crochet. Learning to crochet has been on my bucket list for so long. 

Putting away the lawn furniture before the snow falls = starting your Christmas project list in October? What a concept! 😉

Crafters, like migrating birds, need to "feed" before "heading south". We need to plan and replenish our stash. To help with budget concerns for your flight before Christmas or heading south - this week's 75% Off yarn is a chunky. We have several bright colours, washable, easy to work with and ideal for the young at heart. 



Hayfield


Baby Chunky

100 g/150 m
70% Acrylic/30% Nylon
Reg. $8.50
75% Off 
$2.13


Posted by Anne, happy crafter who loves to keep learning and creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment