Monday, April 6, 2020

Bring Me Basics

I was approached by Lacombe Online to take part in BringMeBasics, a new venture designed to keep everyone happy while shopping local during our 'down time'. None of us really want to spend this time spring cleaning, do we? So why not learn a new skill? I have different jewelry making projects as well as knit or crochet accessories at this time. Prices include everything you need to make your projects, except basics like tape, safety pins or scissors. If you need those, hop on over to www.craftylady.ca and I will do my best to hook you up with what you need.

Even without BringMeBasics, it is wonderful to know that I have enough loyal customers trying to keep themselves sane that my online / phone / email sales, and therefore deliveries, have kept me busy (lots of hand sanitizer!) You know, I didn't think I'd be selling skeins of DMC floss any more so I was just going to leave them in boxes until I had the yarn exactly where I wanted it. Nope. Guess what was in high demand this week. Really high demand! I have decided that I will probably keep it as regular stock after my suppliers have once again been deemed necessary businesses and I can reorder. Elastic was also in high demand this week because of all the people making masks. Yay!!!!! Sadly, I am now completely out of the sizes that work and cannot bring more in until my suppliers are deemed essential businesses again.

On a personal note, I have still been finding time to play with yarn. I am especially pleased to announce that a pair of Lorigami Socks that I started way back in September(!) were finished on Wednesday and sent out Friday. The intended recipient has been waiting patiently but I think she will still be surprised when they end up on her doorstep.

The third of the late Christmas presents is now complete and I have decided that they will be birthday presents instead. That means plenty of time to finish the last one.

I have also been working on a crochet project at my mom's request - covers for the arms of the couch. Thankfully she is happy with my pattern choice because I can work on them while we watch the Scotties and Brier that we taped and never had time to watch. (And, no, you can't spoil it. We already know who won.)

Most importantly, stay safe, stay busy and enjoy the time you have at home.

(Side note: the link to the Lorigami Socksabove states that you will receive a paper copy if you purchase it from this website. I can email a digital copy if you prefer. The new webstore will have digital copies - another reason I am making the switch.)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting those socks finished at last!! And I am thankful you are going to continue to carry floss and a few other "essentials" after all. :-)

    ReplyDelete