Monday, May 18, 2020

Progress

I've been getting a lot of calls from customers this past week asking if the store is open again now that non-essential businesses have been given the go ahead providing physical distancing / sanitation protocols are in place. It has been fun listening to the surprise in their voices when I tell them the business was never closed. I guess not everyone knew I had taken the store online in February, even though the advertising was everywhere for three months. Regardless, sales are steadily increasing and I may have to get the RV ready sooner rather than later because some Farmer's Markets are indicating opening dates sometime in June.

Speaking of the pop up store, the kitchen counter is still jutting out into the walkway. I don't feel comfortable removing the propane stove without professional help so it will remain there for a couple more weeks. The display area, on the other hand, is starting to shape up. I'm waffling between blocking the access to the cab with cubes for yarn (giving me 33 cubes or 51.56 cubic feet of space) or - as seen below - creating saloon style pegboard doors for needles, hooks, and other yarn notions (6 cubes or 9.375 cubic feet less) so that it looks like a wall during 'store hours' but still allows me to stay indoors to access the cab, especially during inclement weather.
Let me know what you think.

On the home front, Mom spent Friday and Saturday planting her garden. Even though it wasn't in by her usual deadline, she is so grateful to have it done by the long weekend. She can relax now knowing that, God willing, the freezers should be full this fall and all the canning will be lining our cold room walls and the pantries of a few blessed recipients.

One of those individuals is Mom's 91 year old sister who insisted I reintroduce her to knitting this winter. She wanted a scarf and I told her basic garter stitch makes the best beginner scarf because it is mindless knitting that keeps your fingers busy. She sent the yarn back to me this past week 'because the yarn was splitty' and 'don't laugh at my mistakes' and 'please make me something out of the yarn if you can'. Since I've been trying to do some mindless knitting of my own since finishing my OSS, I chose to knit her a cowl. In entrelac  (which is mindless knitting for me). It looks like a clown collar. So I have changed my mind to a One Row Lace pattern similar to this pattern on Ravelry. I can even work this one at Zoom Knit Night. And, if it doesn't rain Thursday night and the bugs stay away, I might even take my iPad out to the deck for Knit Night. We'll see!

Until next week, make good use of the beautiful weather, be productive indoors when it isn't as beautiful outdoors, and stay safe out there.

written by Lori happy TCL owner, who can see a light at the end of the tunnel and knows it's not a train. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment