Monday, March 22, 2021

What if ... ?

 By now, you all know that the pop up store will be on the road soon. But what if the market is indoors? Or what if the market won’t allow strictly retail vendors?  I’ve got that covered!

I have over 60 personal patterns that I sell as either paper copies (in person) or PDF copies (online) and most of them translate to generic, readily available yarns. A small handful are for specific yarns that may be current or may be discontinued. Either way, most of my patterns are going to be made available as kits to be sold exclusively at the ‘what if’ markets.

Why the exclusivity, you ask? If you order from the online store directly, you are able to pick and choose the yarns you want and put them together with the patterns you want. In essence, you are creating your own kits. For me to create the kit as an online product means the yarn is technically in two places at once and may be accidentally sold twice and someone is going to be disappointed when they have to be told the stock amount is wrong. Doesn’t look too good on my part when that happens.

Also, at those particular markets, you could preorder a specific combination and ask to have it delivered to said market. Beats paying shipping if you can’t come to Lacombe to pick it up. ;)

Below you will see a mock-up of my display table that I have planned for the events that won’t accommodate the RV. Although I haven’t got all the details ironed out - i.e. how to display the price ranges for the kits - I would love your input as a potential shopper. You may see things from a different perspective.






There are many more kits that can be made but I decided to start with my most popular patterns for the first go round.

Please note that needles/hooks and other accessories will not be included in these kits because different people have different tastes in tools. Can you imagine the variety of prices? And people digging into kits to get the needles they want from the kit they don’t?  Don’t need that headache. 🤕 If allowed, they will be available separately.

Written by Lori, happy TCL owner, who can’t wait to get this show on the road!

1 comment: