Monday, August 30, 2021

Do You Yarn?

Have you noticed how the weather is trying to tell you that it is time to start 'yarning'? This is a new verb that I have learned over these past few months as a market vendor. People have been praising me on my ingenious (their word, not mine) use of my motorhome and want to check it out even though they don't yarn.

"Oh, I don't yarn but my aunt does." "I never learned how to yarn." and similar comments have been heard on a daily basis this summer. Now I understand that not everybody yarns. I don't expect them to. I know that there are a number of people out there that fabric. Or paper. There are even a number of Facebook groups for people who rock and then leave them around for other people to find.


Thankfully, my customers and I know that there are a number of different ways to yarn. One can knit or crochet or weave or felt. One can even gather. ??? Surely you've heard that working with yarn and collecting yarn are two separate hobbies? 😁 Anyway, this week's offerings are primarily yarns from Gathering Yarn, a great little Canadian company that uses both local (to them) and imported yarns (mostly Italian), many of which are hand-dyed right here in Canada (BC). The remainder of the yarns are from other suppliers (both Canadian and American) that will play nicely with the Gathering Yarns.


 written by Lori, amused TCL owner, who hopes to meet many more yarners with the goal of turning them into knitters, crocheters, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment