Monday, September 27, 2021

So. I Did A Thing . . .

 After two years of using my recreational vehicle as a mobile store, I am retiring it in favour of a vehicle better suited to non-recreational use.

Did I enjoy having all the comforts of home with me while travelling from market to market? Absolutely! Is that going to keep me from discarding it in favour of a vehicle with way more usable space? Absolutely not! And when that vehicle makes it impossible for the physically challenged customers to have an excuse for not coming in? You know I’m switching vehicles!

So the vehicle in question is a newer shuttle bus complete with a wheelchair lift, so not only is it wheelchair friendly but it will also make it much easier to do indoor shows again - if that ever happens - because moving displays will be so much easier than trying to squeeze through a 21” doorway. And even though the motorhome had more storage space inside and out, the bus has more accessible storage and allows customers to shop the entire stock of yarn instead of just what is on display- every single week! Can you tell I’m all in to make this version of The Crafty Lady not just survive but thrive?





In case you’re an English major critiquing my excessive use of exclamation points, I’m EXCITED! That’s the emotion they were designed to convey and, darn it, I’m gonna use ‘em!

The flip side of this amazing news is that I now have a motorhome to sell. It won’t be back into rv mode until after Thanksgiving but I will post pictures here and various other places (like Kijiji) if you or anyone you know is interested.


Now back to the business of the week. I am stuffing the pop up store with as much of my acrylic yarns as the bins will hold and the upper cabinets will be filled with next week’s offerings just so the ‘not Lacombe and Red Deer’ markets can still get one last chance to purchase them. They will include my Berroco yarns and merino roving.





You will also notice some white boxes and some blue boxes in the final photo. These contain ball winders and swifts. Can you say Christmas presents?

Written by Lori, excited TCL owner, who is going to be working very hard, along with her 87/88 year old mother because she insists she needs the workout, to bring you a brand new pop up store next season!!!!!!

Mom gets two ages for this because she’ll have a birthday while we’re working on this. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment