Monday, September 20, 2021

Who Ordered This Cold Air?

In case you haven't felt it yet, Fall is in the air.
The wind at the markets is bitingly cold. During the summer months, I looked forward to 18 degrees because it meant changing from my shorts to my capris and maybe covering my shoulders. Now, because of that wind, 18 degrees means pulling out the third layer (shirt + sweater + coat) and wearing thick socks inside my winter boots! I'm really glad there are no outdoor markets in the winter. And, no, sadly my pop up store does not translate into indoor markets.
For some markets, this is the second last (outdoor) market of the season. On display will be Estelle Worsted and Estelle dk, both of which are easy care wool/acrylic blends. Cozy Alpaca, a light worsted alpaca/acrylic blend, will also be available.


To go along with these solid coloured yarns, there will also be a few blends that will play nicely with them, specifically Viva, Mira, Mille Colori and Huenique.
The only one I haven't had a chance to play with is Viva, but I am sure it is just as wonderful as the other three.

While you are in the pop up store petting the yarn, don't forget to check out the needle and hook sets we have. They make great Christmas presents! 😄




written by Lori, usually warm-blooded TCL owner, who is super happy this time of year that she can keep the pop up store's door closed and the furnace on until each market opens.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment