Monday, October 12, 2020

Lazy Days and Mondays

 Not the exact lyrics of The Carpenters song but I hope you sang it just the same. 😃


For all my Canadian readers (if I have non-Canadian readers, let me know) Happy Thanksgiving! Mom and I will be having a quiet Thanksgiving meal with three of our cohorts followed by a not so quiet card game as per normal when we get together. Except for the extra food prep, it really will be a lazy day.

I find I have a lot to be thankful for this year but what stands out for me most is that, even with COVID doing its best to mess with the way we do things, I still have what matters most in my life. I have my home, my family, my friends, my livelihood, ... we've merely adapted to make things work.

So much occurs online now.

Church and Bible study were online and, if the second wave gets out of control, it can revert to online.

Knit night is online. We joke that the side benefit to Zoom knit night is that since we don't have to worry about driving home we can drink whatever beverage we choose.

If you are unable to spend time with family and friends in person today, find a way to join them virtually, even if only for a few minutes. It will be good for your soul. And, yes, the phone counts!

written by Lori, soon-to-be-overstuffed TCL owner, who wishes you all a wonderful Thanksgiving day, however you choose to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. Thankful for the yarn I got from you...that I've just taken from skein to ball/cake so I can make another Xmas gift..And for so much more! Many blessings to you and yours, Lori.

    ReplyDelete