Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Twelve Days of Christmas - It Ain't Over Yet

You've survived Christmas! Yay!

I love Christmas and did you know that even though Christmas Day is over, it is still Christmas time? We are in the Twelve Days of Christmas period which actually begins on Christmas Day and ends on the 5th of January, also known as 12th Night. So go ahead and play the Christmas music. It isn't over yet!

I love Christmas music and have no problems playing it all year. I like to annoy people all year long. It brings me peace and joy.

And now my celebration of Christmas on behalf of all you knitters out there.  Note: no true love here because that's what knitting is.

Here we go, everybody sing...(or try to because meter is broken all the time so just say those parts really fast).

On the first day of Christmas I gave to myself (because I didn't get it for Christmas) a ball winder and a wooden swift.

On the second day of Christmas I gave to myself, two sets of lace blockers and I didn't buy another winder and swift because I just bought that. But I did buy some soap for woolens and some blocking mats.

On the third day of Christmas I gave to myself three full sets of needles, one in birch, one in metal, and a carbon set in a little size for those sixteen inch cables, and a coffee at my favorite coffee house.

On the fourth day of Christmas I gave to myself, four yarn box subscriptions so I can get presents all year long.

On the fifth day of Christmas I gave to myself, five balls of quiviut yarn. And nothing else because I ran out of money.

On the sixth day of Christmas I gave to myself, six different pairs of scissors because they were really cute and you can't have too many scissors, and besides, it was payday.

On the seventh day of Christmas, I gave to myself, seven magazine subscriptions about knitting and crochet and a funky pair of reading glasses from the drugstore.

On the eighth day of Christmas, I gave to myself, eight novels about women detectives that knit and solve murder mysteries, and a box of chocolates.

On the ninth day of Christmas, I gave to myself, nine different organizers for my needles, yarn and books and a new computer to put all my information in.

On the tenth day of Christmas I gave to myself, ten pattern books, and a bag of knitting accessorizes (I keep losing knitting markers and tape measures).

On the eleventh day of Christmas I gave to myself, ten light bulbs for the magnifying crafter's lamp that I also bought which I'll put up beside the chair that I also bought and the big screen TV that I also bought.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, I gave to myself, (Big breath, here we go...)

12 balls of Berroco Ginkgo for a cardigan
11 balls of different colored King Cole Tinsel for Christmas ornaments next year
10 balls of Berroco Andean Mist for a hooded shawl scarf with pockets
9 skeins of Estelle Worsted for a temperature afghan
8 balls of Queensland Sunshine Coast because I think it's pretty
7 balls of various sock yarn to keep my toes toasty
6 balls of Ella Rae Classic Wool for a cabled pull over so I can look like a fisherman
5 balls of James C. Brett Marble for a really cool looking coat
4 balls of Berroco Noble for a textured stitch scarf
3 skeins of Ancient Arts Reinvent in a cat color for something not for a cat.
2 skeins of KFI Luxury Silk Sport for a really exquisite shawl with beads

And

1 cake of Lang Mille Colori for I don't know what yet.

Here's the special for this week. It comes from Ice Yarns because it's cold outside.

75% OFF

Ice Yarns Hand Dyed Cord
100% Wool
100 m/100 g (5)


Regular Price: $16.00
Sale Price: $4.00



Lori says that when this yarn first came in it smelled like pomegranates.  She wanted you to know that.

Posted by Anna Maria Junus

No comments:

Post a Comment