Monday, October 11, 2021

Let The Deconstruction Begin



 Just a quick reminder that even though the markets are over for the season - the store will be back bigger and better next spring! - online ordering is available around the clock and I will also be available by phone during more reasonable hours (10am-4pm weekdays). And with the markets over, if you think I'm going to be taking it easy for the next few months, think again. Besides updating product information on the website and writing patterns that were brainstormed and prototyped this summer, I, along with Mom, will be reverting the motorhome to the rv it was meant to be and renovating a new-to-me shuttlebus to be the best darn mobile yarn store you could possibly imagine! This week's blog will concentrate on the beginnings of the end of Lorigamivan 1.0.





 Above are a few photos showing what the store looks like without yarn, patterns, etc. Looks a little bleak, doesn't it? And tomorrow, while Mom is in the house preparing Thanksgiving supper, I will be removing all the needles and hooks from the entryway as well as turning the shower back into a shower instead of a storage closet. If all goes well, those pictures, as well as photos of the fully reverted motorhome will be showcased in next week's blog.

In the meantime, if you're wondering where all the yarn will be before finding its new home in the bus, take a look at the photo to the right. And there are two more of these trolleys full of yarn that hadn't made it out of the motorhome yet when I took this picture yesterday. To say the warehouse is stuffed is an understatement! I am just thankful that this is supposed to be a mild winter because we are going to be spending an awful lot of time running between the new bus and the warehouse getting it ready for the new market season.

Do NOT take that last statement as an invitation to NOT order from the online store. I want to know that people were listening when I said "pet the yarn now, so you know what you're ordering this winter". If you leave me with holes to fill in the new rig, I get to fill those holes with NEW product!

So whether you celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday or are feasting today, know that I am always thankful for the customers that have stuck with me through this transition from brick-and-mortar to click-and-order to mobile store. (If anyone can come up with a mobile phrase that rhymes with the other two, please leave it in the comments. I may even give you a prize if I like yours.)

written by Lori, thankful TCL owner, who is feeling blessed to have made it through the past couple of years.



1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Lori and Muriel and family -- here's to a successful make-over/transition!

    ReplyDelete