Monday, October 18, 2021

When Is An RV Not An RV?

When it’s a mobile store! Can it be an RV after having been a mobile store for two years?
You tell me.

n.b. As of this publication (morning of October 18, 2021) I have not set a definite price but will update as soon as it has been appraised in it’s reverted configuration (which could be as early as the afternoon of October 18, 2021).

I could share ALL the pictures from empty store to it-could-go-either-way to full blown RV but I’ll just share a few highlights. 

Here you see the full U-shaped dinette with 4 of the 5 seatbelts visible. When the tables are dropped down onto the shorter legs, the extra cushions create an rv version of a king-sized bed!

In this photo, the double bed above the cab is visible along with the cargo net (or child sleepwalking prevention net). It also shows half of the dance floor I created when I removed the L-shaped counter from the kitchen. Each of the table leg holes has a protective cap on it so there will be no snagged pinky toes to contend with.

This photo highlights a few things. Set high between the upper cabinet doors are cute little drawstring lights that act as nightlights (or mood lighting), an MPPT solar charge controller to keep track of what the 315W panel is up to, and the 10” overhang on the kitchen counter. Also, notice the little 'block' on the back corner of the counter? It serves two purposes. It makes room for the cushion when in dinette mode and it flips down to create a full countertop when the seat cushion isn't there. And the little notch that's visible is to allow an electrical cord through from the outlet underneath.

This photo gives a glimpse of the propane stove and oven as well as the complementary rug. Why am I throwing in a rug? Because I am a full disclosure kinda gal. It completely covers the few (I think 6) tiny holes in the flooring left from the L-shaped portion of the counter. Other than making room for customers, why did I remove the L? Didn't I lose storage space? No, I actually gained storage AND cupboard space.

At countertop height, the corner of the L was completely taken over by the TV with hardly enough room to make a sandwich. Below, the corner was a huge void with a few wires and plumbing. The plumbing is still there and so is the storage from the original L. I also made a pathway from dinette to bathroom that isn't blocked by someone looking in the fridge.

This view is from the in-between stage. In case someone is interested in using this motorhome as a mobile store like I did, I want them to see it with the door in front of the bunks.

This photo showcases the copper tile backsplash and the counter extension that extends into the entryway. I don’t recommend using the extension during the day when people are constantly in and out - although the kids would have no trouble ducking underneath it - but it works great in the evening and makes a neat deterrent if it’s left up at night and someone tries to break in. ;)

This photo shows the TV placement. Great for watching while working in the kitchen (or from the back bunk beds) and it also swings out so that the whole family can watch their favourite show from the dinette. Behind the TV is more storage space which could accommodate a small microwave.

Did I mention that I sewed the curtains myself as the original curtains were sun rotted to the point of disintegrating? I like this material because it is machine washable and allows the light in while creating privacy.

Yet another configuration with the main bed/eating area. The left shows the setup for twin beds on the main floor.

















Last but not least, the bunk beds at the back. The bottom bunk can flip up and be used as a large storage space accessible from the outside. Great for multiple bikes for family outings!
Okay. Now that the commercial is over, I have a serious question for you all. As you are aware, I put pegboard inserts in the cupboard doors so that I could make use of them for display. Back in RV mode, I find the light wood grain of the pegboard to be very aesthetically pleasing. Only one of these photos was taken with the lights on. The RV would have looked very dark with the original panels if I tried to do that before.

Not only that, the pegboard makes for great ventilation. Fruits and veggies could be stored in a cool dark place with air circulation. Dirty laundry wouldn't sit and stagnate only to knock you off your feet when the door is opened. Would the pegboard be a deal breaker or a bonus for you if you were wanting to buy this RV?

written by Lori, TCL owner, who is happy to get the RV sale ready yet frustrated because the shuttle bus is being held up in insurance limbo and I can't bring it home to work on it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not in the market for an RV, as you well know, but I think the pegboard is a great idea! Ever practical, an owner could put hooks in it for hanging oven mitts or pot holders or a kitchen rag or small dish towel or-or-or...

    ReplyDelete