Monday, January 10, 2022

Classes at Lacombe Performing Arts Centre (LPAC)

 They're finally happening!

Classes will be happening at LPAC starting January 25 so register now :)

The continuing deep freeze from over the Christmas / New Year break had me in a bit of a funk so I didn't get the blog out last week. I perked up a little bit when my classes were announced in the middle of last week and I perked up a lot more when I saw that I was going to have an entire week of temperatures hovering around zero(!) to work on the bus. 😃

For the classes, you will need to provide your vaccine status as well as wear a mask at all times. I choose to be extra cautious since I may be required to be within your (and everyone else's) 6 foot bubble in order to help with any issues that may arise when learning new techniques. I've missed teaching and I am looking forward to everyone enjoying the experience.

The first class (pictured above) is self explanatory - you're learning new basic skills.

The second class is an introduction into Entrelac without all the messy beginning, left-leaning and right-leaning triangles to get in the way.


The third and final class of the series teaches you to combine knitting and crochet in one project - bottom up or top down!
The best part about all these classes is that you can take what you learn and translate it into existing patterns. I can't tell you the last time I used the cast on technique I learned as a child nor can I tell you the last time I used a long tail cast on. What I can tell you is that MY long tail cast on was not "the stretchiest cast on you'll ever use". In fact, it was quite the opposite and since it was meant to cast on a sock, you can see why I chose to never use it again. You will learn what I use instead in classes one and three.

Now, go on, get registered!

Written by Lori, thankful TCL owner, who is looking forward to all the productivity in the next week thanks to the amazing weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment