Monday, January 31, 2022

Hands Up If You Miss Petting The Yarn!

 The lighting update (promised from last week) is currently on hold but in the meantime, I have been busy with customers who miss petting the yarn. That means it is time to remind you all how you can continue to pet the yarn even though part of the year I am an online store only. This means you need to share this blog with all your yarnie friends!

I haven't solidified my entire route yet, but there are a couple of markets from last year's roster that are year-round markets that I will be returning to - Ponoka's Monday afternoon market and Wetaskiwin's Wednesday afternoon market - as soon as the weather is conducive to keeping the bus door open while parked outside.

I've told many market customers who had visited the mobile store last season that I really didn't care if they bought at the market. I still stand by that. I made it very clear that yarn is a tactile purchase. It is hard to purchase a yarn that you can't touch. Every customer that didn't purchase at the market was given a business card so that they could purchase (online when the wind blew colder and the days grew shorter) the yarn that spoke loudest to them when they petted it. You see, I know when most of you work with yarn. There are a significantly smaller number of us that knit year-round but even we need to pet the yarn when the opportunity arises.

So - I will update you on my full market schedule as soon as I have confirmed with the market managers but, until then, just remember that the majority of them run from May long weekend to Labour Day weekend, with a number of them extending the season if the weather permits.

written by Lori, TCL owner, who is eagerly awaiting my first yarn shipment of 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment