Tuesday, July 14, 2020

The Crafty Lady has a new home!


The Crafty Lady has a home in Lacombe for the pop up store!

I will still be taking the store to the Rimbey Farmer's Market every Saturday morning (9:30-12:30) but now you will also be able to come squish yarn in the parking lot at 5227 C & E Trail in Lacombe Monday -Friday 10am - 4pm! The ONLY downside to this is that online orders may take a day to fill instead of a half hour. 😉 Even that has an upside. You can order online and request pickup at the pop up store. Just make sure to wait for the fulfillment email before showing up. (If you placed your order at 3am, I may not have had a chance to pick it before opening shop for the day.)

And the news just gets better.

By September, we are hoping that enough restrictions have been eased that I can start - wait for it - teaching classes! Squeee! If you haven't been in the LPAC building recently, other than because of COVID, you may not know that there are a number of different sized rooms available for a myriad of activities. The Fireplace Room provides an intimate setting for a small class, The Art Room is slightly larger and comes with its own attached washroom - which is excellent for longer classes. I can't imagine what I could possibly teach that would require using the Theatre, but I'm not going to exclude it from the possibilities. What classes would you like to see happening in the fall? Keep in mind, I don't quilt or embroider. Stick to the product I carry in the store. I can work with that.

Now for the COVID part of this announcement.

Space is limited inside the store. It's an RV, ya know, so only one person at a time (or a maximum of two if you came shopping together). Until it becomes necessary, I will not be requiring appointments. If you start lining up outside the door, appointments may become a thing.

Either you or I will be wearing a mask - preferably both of us. If you come heavily (or even lightly) scented, I may ask you to shop another day. Masks can only do so much before my allergies kick in and I'm the only person manning the store. You don't want to be the person that kept other people from shopping, do you?

You will be required to use my hand sanitizer before touching any of the product. Even if you just put yours on.

Payment by tap is provided - both debit and credit - and I TAKE CASH! Do not be offended if I sanitize it in front of you because Hooray for plastic money. 😁 I will even take eTransfers but I am not yet Paypal ready.

And, of course, if you or anyone you know has or may have COVID 19, or come into contact with someone who has it, please stay home. I would hate to find out that my customers are getting sick because one of them just couldn't wait to squish the yarn until they felt better. I would also hate to get sick and not be able to let you squish the yarn. 

So everyone stay healthy, share this post far and wide,
and see you in the LPAC parking lot at 10am, July 15, 2020

written by Lori, excited TCL owner, who won't be able to sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment