Monday, December 21, 2020

Christmas Happens This Week. Are You Ready?!

 Christmas is different this year. Most of us won't be getting together in person. Thank goodness for Zoom, Facetime and all the other online meeting platforms!

Mom is still planning on a full turkey dinner. Some will go home with one brother for Christmas Day and another good sized portion will be shared with my other brother and his wife on Boxing Day. It's a good thing we are all fans of leftovers as well as turkey soup!

On the gift giving front, up until one hour ago, I had all my 'planned' presents completed. I had made two of my aunts socks for their birthdays and when Mom was talking to a third aunt about said socks, that aunt asked where hers were. Not sure if I can have them done for Christmas but I'll aim for the next time I see her.

Mom got her Christmas present early this year. While we were making carrot pudding last week for our upcoming Christmas feast, I broke her food processor. Stripped the gears. Don't bother asking. I'll show you.

The new one has already been put through its paces and is now Mom's new favourite appliance so I guess I'm forgiven?

Anyway, even though we've been hunkering down for a number of months already, I am actually looking forward to the traditions we will be taking part in, with an albeit smaller cast and crew. I will be playing for the 7pm Christmas Eve service at church (at 15% capacity) and for Christmas Day, we're still not sure if the Zoom dinner will take place with the extended family in Camrose but fingers crossed. Even if its just the two of us, there will be the traditional game of Hand and Foot Canasta and there will be desserts aplenty.

Here's hoping that all of you have your festive ducks in a row and that you are able to celebrate with those you love, even if it is virtually. I'm not going to promise a pre-New Year's blog next week. I may still be in a turkey-induced coma.

written by Lori, TCL owner, who can't wait to wake up to the amazing smell of roasting turkey this Friday!





No comments:

Post a Comment