Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Drunken Mannequins?

It's finally here. The final round of yarns before the rotation starts over! That means not quite three full rotations during the market season. What that also means is that you only have two more times (at most) to come check out which yarns you want to be working with this winter.

In the top photo, nestled between the patterns and the 'baby' in the corner (hidden by the hanging demos) is the Magic Shawl demo that I've been working on for the last few weeks. It has been getting quite a lot of attention from customers as they watch it grow at the markets. You can find the free pattern here.

In the top right quarter of the photo, you will notice that I have my Dress It Up! buttons so, yes, last week's buttons made it through the earthquake of driving well enough to switch them out for new ones 😊. Because of that, you can expect to see different buttons every week from now on.

On the driver's side of the pop up store, you will see some of the kits that I had made up for the few markets that wouldn't let me sell retail. (Their 20% commercial was already full.) Their prices range between $14 and $53 (pre-GST). Someone was actually looking for kits a week or so ago so I thought I would try it out in the rotation.

You might just be able to make out, in the bottom left corner of the photo, the end of a wooden sock blocker. I know it would make so much more sense to have them when the bins are full of sock yarn - and they will be. I have three different sizes: 4.5", 8" and 9".

On the far right of the photo is a 50g version of a poncho yarn (Gala 200) I had in the brick and mortar store before I decided to transition to this 'business model'. The mannequin on the left is wearing a hat made from one ball. (The mannequins apparently had a party before I snapped this photo. They'll have to sober up by Tuesday 😉.)
I'm giving you a sneak peak at the prices in this last photo.

The upper three yarns in the right column are scarf style yarns, some of which I have used in a few of my patterns. Most of the rest of them are shawl yarns.

Above the prices, the felting tools are in their permanent (for now) home, just below the Canada flag patches that you might just want to grab considering Canada Day is just around the corner AND we may soon be travelling abroad again.


written by Lori, excited TCL owner, who is happy to see the light at the end of the COVID tunnel.

1 comment: