Monday, August 17, 2020

New pattern!

 Yes! I have a new pattern!

No! It's not the one I've been working on for weeks!

While the sweater pattern is in time out - it knows what it did - I got curious about one of the One Shot yarns I brought in from Gathering Yarn. It is 250m (100g) of 100% 16.5 micron merino and it is aptly named Soft. Even though it is technically a dk weight yarn (#3 for those of you who follow the American numbering system), it's lofty spin works up beautifully on a 6mm needle to create an Aran weight (#4) fabric (17s x 26r = 4"/10cm). Its rich watermelon stripes told me they wanted to be a cowl or a hat so I obliged and worked a garter cowl first, then a 7" tall beanie, which was closely followed by a 9" tall toque - all from ONE CAKE of this limited edition yarn!


*n.b. the toque fits my 23" noggin. The beanie fits almost every other woman I know. After this picture was taken, I reworked it because one of the hats has to be 'Without Seeds'.

After posting the pictures of the finished pieces on Facebook, I immediately got asked for the pattern. Within 12 hours, the pattern was written and less than 8 hours after that, I sold the first pattern on Ravelry. The pattern is named With or Without Seeds and it only costs $5.00 for all three pieces. I would link the yarn to Ravelry but since I am the only store with stock, the supplier chose not to add it to the database. I can, however, link you to Soft on my website so that you can get some before I run out of stock myself.

Now, on to the pop up store.

The next two weeks are going to be a little different. I'm showcasing novelty yarns on one side of the  RV. These include furry yarns from a number of different suppliers as well as some lacey/fabric 'yarns', all of which are great for trims or as stand-alone pieces. The opposite side of the RV is catering to my chainmaille customers! I brought kits and tools that are great for beginners or for someone who left all their supplies at home and needs a new project while camping. I have also brought along more knitting tools and accessories as well as my exclusive Crafty Lady patterns.

Remember - I can't bring everything in the pop up store every week, so if you want something and it is not in the list here, order it online or request I bring it so you can buy it in person. Just don't expect same day delivery for those items at least until after 4pm.

written by Lori, happy TCL owner, who can't wait to get back to that elusive sweater pattern. It will not beat me!

No comments:

Post a Comment