Monday, November 22, 2021

Look Who Finally Came Home

Finally picked up the LorigamiVan this Friday - two months (less a day) after purchasing her. I had no idea the number of hoops I would have to jump through to insure a commercial vehicle as a mobile store! I was concerned that missing out on the beautiful weather we had in October and the first part of November was going to mean working in freezing temperatures and wading through walls of snow to get from the house to the bus daily. Turns out God is on my side and is providing a mild winter to work in. Yay!

Saturday, with space heater on board, we started work on the interior. We began by removing all the L-track accessories we wouldn’t be using.
If anyone wants some hooks, I will sell them to you at a better price than you will pay on Amazon (currently $235+ each).

Next, I removed the two passenger seats from behind the driver’s seat. I expected that task to be more difficult than it was but it’s amazing what one can accomplish with a wrench, a rubber mallet and a little determination. The remainder of the day was spent measuring around wheel wells, fixed heaters and seatbelts (that were riveted to both the upper and lower L-tracks on the walls). Much of my lower storage plans got rewritten because of all these obstacles but that just means there will be more permanent display space for the yarn!

Sunday, Mom and I started building her out despite not having some of the hardware needed to secure some of the fixtures to the existing L-track. I tried for two months to find it locally but was finally forced to buy it online. Of course, the more cosmetic products can come within a week. The more functional products won’t be here until after Christmas.

Sunday was also the day we discovered the foldaway seat on the passenger side refused to be removed, so more reconfiguring is required because that was supposed to be my till area. Thankfully, my plans for the upper storage worked out exactly the way I wanted! The only drawback is that I have to buy more 2’x5’ grids to complete the task. Combining two 1’x5’ grids (which I have in abundance) resulted in a hinged effect that would put too much strain on the walls. No pictures until I have the rest of the grids purchased so that you get the full effect. Hopefully, Eddies Hangup Display has stock in Edmonton for me to pick up today (Monday).

As fas as the exterior is concerned, I’m leaving it as it is for now. I can use the same banners I was using on the motorhome because I am able to secure them the same way on the bus. I am toying with the idea of graphics in the future but for now that is an unnecessary expense. 

Written by Lori, extremely motivated TCL owner, who is going to have the most amazing shopping experience available to you next Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment