Monday, November 1, 2021

A Full Weekend Curling (Finishing a Project)

I spent this weekend at The Americas Cup. Teams representing Central and South America chose to challenge Team Canada (Lacombe's own Darren Moulding and company) for a chance to play at the Worlds competition next year. Needless to say, Bottcher’s team taught them a lot - which the other teams freely admitted was the real reason they were there. 😉

I managed to finish my fully reversible faux cable moebius cowl during the final Saturday game and was photobombed when taking the photo I hoped to use for the front cover of the pattern. I guess since she didn’t ask permission to ruin my photo by looking like a growth coming out of the side of my head, I don’t need to ask her permission to use her image on my blog.

It’s actually all good because I noticed that the self striping in this yarn overpowers the cabling so I am in the process of creating another cowl in a solid colour. Pictures of both will probably grace the cover of the pattern when it’s published. Until then, Have a great week and chat with you next Monday. 

p.s. Margaret - The Americas Cup was significantly better than watching paint dry ;)

Written by Lori, pleased TCL owner, who is happy to have one more project closer to publication. 

1 comment:

  1. LOL! If you say so... ;-)

    P.S. I like the striped version, evem if it hides the cabling.

    ReplyDelete