Monday, June 1, 2020

One Step Closer

The weather was perfect this past week for working on the mobile store. Whether warm or cool, there was always enough of a breeze to keep the air moving and temperature comfortable.

I managed to get some extra (cool) lights mounted so that the yarn colours are truer than under strictly warm lighting. I got a designated sale section in place and even a piece of pegboard for displaying buttons (or needles / hooks). I want to be ready when the restrictions are loosened - even if I can't remove the kitchen bottleneck yet. Chances are it won't matter for a while because I will probably only be able to accommodate one person at a time anyway.


I am also trying to write the guidelines for shopping in the mobile store. Masks will be required because physical distancing will be impossible. Disposable gloves will be required even though customers will be required to use hand sanitizer before entering the RV. Do you know how hard it is to politely word "I know you wanna touch the yarn. How do you propose I clean / disinfect it for the next person without destroying it with alcohol and aloe gel from the hand sanitizer?" Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will also probably have to have customers make appointments to shop so that social distancing protocols can be maintained outside of the mobile store. Thankfully, online shoppers will have a place to pick up their purchases with a less sterile atmosphere than is currently the case and delivery will still be an option in town.

Some positive news: I did the calculations. The yarn may be able to be on a three week rotation instead of four. Not because I have less yarn than I thought when I did my first calculations, but because I managed to squeeze in some hanging display area as well. I might even reserve the fourth (and occasional fifth) week displays for the non-yarn product in the store - think stitching, kid's crafts, lace and trims.

I am SO looking forward to seeing your bright smiling faces again and I can't wait to see your eyes light up when you see the new-to-you yarns that have been sitting in the warehouse just waiting to meet you 😍

written by Lori, Happy TCL owner, who knows the light at the end of the tunnel is NOT a train.

No comments:

Post a Comment