Monday, January 11, 2021

Why Lorigamivan?

First of all - thank you to all the people who have started following me on Instagram. I know it is a little harder to find me there because there are so many variations of Crafty Lady on that platform that I had to choose something that would be recognizable as uniquely me.

So far, no one has asked me why I used Lorigamivan as my 'handle' so I have to assume they/you are all familiar with my Lorigami glove and sock patterns. For those of you who are not familiar with these patterns, let me explain why I choose the name.




Here are a couple of comments from those adventurous enough to make my original Lorigami pattern:

"This is, hands down, the freakiest thing I’ve ever knitted. But it’s genius." - yarmando on Ravelry

"Quite the challenge. Thank you guru1, but I’ll be very careful what I say next time I’m in the shop, lest you should have any more fiendish patterns lurking…" - cdn on Ravelry

Then I came out with my Lorigami Socks.

"Having made the lorigami gloves (and the baby mitered coat,) I figured I had to give these a shot" - cdn on Ravelry

Not to toot my own horn, but with comments like that, I have to think that people will remember the name Lorigami.

But where does the VAN part come in? Well, a couple of years ago, I already had my mobile store in mind. I was going to buy either a cargo van or a box truck and convert it into a mobile store. Then I realized that, with a little tweaking, the motorhome would work. It's not a van, but LorigamiRV just didn't have the same ring to it.

So, I'm still trying to get the RV ready for the spring and, once it is on the road, there will be more Instagram content for those who like to see more pictures 😊

written by Lori, TCL owner, who is getting excited about 2021!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not active on IG, but I applaud your new "handle". Very cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete